There is a lot of confusion and lack of clarity after the recent amendment introduced in the LM Act. Industries are facing a lot of challenges in their business. This training workshop on Legal Metrology Act & Packaged Commodities Rules is designed to provide detail information on the said topic. Mandatory Declarations on Label, Advertisement, TVC & E-commerce will be on 28th June 2018.
- Introduction and overview.
- Labeling enforcement in India, laws & rules that govern labeling of Packaged Commodities, different enforcement agencies, how it is enforced.
- General requirements of labeling, labeling of pre-package commodities, labeling of retail package, wholesale/multi-piece packages, value package, small packages, exemptions, manner of declarations, location, size, font, colours, principal display panel,
- Offence by companies, nominations, compounding of offences, fines and penalties, adjudication for “misbranded” food, criminal prosecutions, judgement of high court and Supreme Court of India.
- Q & A.
After attending this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand all the mandatory requirements for labeling of various Packaged Commodities, Advertisement, TVC, & E-commerce portal.
- Develop, review and suggest correction on a label of food, non-food product and E-commerce portal. Identify and rectify any misleading information on the label.
- Defend any false allegation regarding misbranding, misleading and non-conformance in the product label and E-commerce portal.
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
- Legal Metrology (Package Commodities) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2017.
- Judgements of High Court and Supreme Court of India.
Study materials will be provided to the participants.
Highly useful for: Manufacturer, packer, importer, designer, advertiser, advocates and students
Registration Fees: Rs. 4,000/-
Shri. B. K. Zavare, Hon’ble Asst. Controller – Legal Metrology, Mumbai Region, Mumbai.
Tickets for Training workshop on Legal Metrology Act & Packaged Commodities Rules can be purchased here.
For More Official Information, CLICK HERE.
HOLIDAY INN MUMBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, SAFED PUL, SAKINAKA, MUMBAI, INDIA
For more at Lawyersgyan– CLICK HERE.
Please Subscribe for more updates.
Lawyersgyan has no control over above-listed items as it is directly from the customer or taken from other sources. In case of any discrepancy please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.