The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India is a Statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993 (PHRA). The NHRC is the National Human Rights Commission of India, responsible for the protection and promotion of human rights, defined by the Act as “Rights Relating To Life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution or embodied in the International Covenants and enforceable by courts in India.
The Internship Program
The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
With a view to spreading awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting Internship Programmes’ since 1998.
- Program: April 2021 the Online Short Term Internship Programme (OSTI) April 2021
- Duration: 16th April 2021 (Friday) to 30th April 2021 (Friday) (15 days).
Applications are invited from eligible students of the entire country. Eligibility and selection criteria will be as follows:-
- Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of an integrated 5 year PG course
- Students studying in 3rd / final year of graduation course
- Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate degree course
- Students of any semester/ year of any post-graduate diploma course
- Students who are research scholars in any stream.
Students must have consistently attained a minimum of 60% marks in Class XII and all subsequent courses including the presently pursued courses. The calculated percentage has to be mentioned clearly from their CGPA/SGPA along with the formula for the percentage obtained. Failure to do either of it so would result in rejection of the application form.
A 250 words write-up on the topic “ Statement of Purpose (SoP) for joining NHRC Online Short Term Internship” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application form online which will also serve as a basis of selection. Students who have research potential in the areas relating to human rights will be preferred (to be indicated in the write-up).
Note: Enclose Self-attested scanned copies of mark-sheet from 12th Standard and onwards and mark-sheet of each year/semester of presently pursuing course (and recommendation by concerned HOD/Dean/Principal of present course only).
- All the student interns successfully completing the internship would receive a stipend of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only)
- Certificate of participation will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of the following parameters:
- Attendance, Punctuality, Discipline, Participation in online sessions is mandatory;
- Project Presentation & Project Reports and Book Review have to be submitted timely.
The last date for submission of the application is 04 April 2021 (11:59 PM).
The ‘Application Form’ for Short Term Internship Programme 2021 is available at the link ‘Online Short Term Internship’. Application is to be submitted online using the link Online Short Term Internship available at NHRC’s website. OR
Click on the link given at the end of this post to apply online.
The Final List of Selected Interns will be displayed on the NHRC website.
Phone Number: 011–24663283, 24663371 (Between 10.00 AM to 5.30 PM on working days, i.e. Monday to Friday).
Click here for complete, official information about NHRC OSTI (April 2021).
For more Internship- CLICK HERE.
Lawyers Gyan has no control over above-listed items as it is directly from the customer or taken from other sources. Despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too. In case of any discrepancy please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.