About the Competition
The Online Amity National Case Comment Writing Competition 2020 would serve as academic stimulation and harness skills like drafting, critical thinking, writing skills, and teamwork, making them better professionals. It aims to provide an opportunity to the students of law to interpret the below-mentioned legislations, analyze them and prepare a provision for provision review of the legislation suggesting which provisions are outdated and which provisions are contrary to the Constitution of India.
List of Cases for Case Comment (Choose anyone)
- M Siddiq (D) Thr Lrs v. Mahant Suresh Das & Ors, 9 November 2019 [Ayodhya Land Dispute Case]
- Nagraj and Others v. Union of India, 19 October 2006 [Reservation in Promotion]
- Hindustan Construction Company Ltd. v. Union of India, 27 November 2019 [Section 87 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act struck down]
- Swiss Ribbons Pvt. Ltd v. Union of India, 25 January 2019 [S.C. Upheld the Validity of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016]
- DAV College Trust and Management Society v. Director of Public Instruction, 17 September 2019 [Government Funded NGO’s come under RTI]
- Chebrolu Leela Prasad Rao & Ors. v. State of A.P. & Ors., 22 April 2020 [100% reservation in the job for SC/ST struck down]
- Manohar Lal Sharma v. Narendra Damodardas Modi, 10 April 2019 [Rafale Fighter Jet Deal]
- The Online Amity National Case Comment Writing Competition 2020 is open for all students or professionals pursuing/completed Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in/from any recognized University across the country.
- Co-authorship: up-to two authors is permitted.
Each team may comprise of a maximum number of 2 members and a minimum of 1 member.
For Single Author: 450 INR
Co-Author: 800 INR
Click here to download Brochure – Download
Interested students are required to duly fill the registration form mentioned below.
Single Author: Click here to Register
Co-Author: Click here to Register
- Registration Deadline – 20th May 2020
- Releasing Submission Codes – 23rd May 2020
- Last Date of Submission – 26th May 2020
- Announcement of Result – 1st June 2020
Format of the Case Comment
The case comment should preferably include the following elements: procedural background, facts of the case, reasoning, disposition, and lastly critical analysis.
- Facts of the Case
- Critical Analysis
- The Page layout should be A4.
- The submission should be in Times New Roman in 12 font size. The Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman in font size 10. A line spacing of 1.5 for the main text and 1.0 for the footnotes is to have adhered.
- Citation style must be uniform throughout the document and the Bluebook 20th Edition citation must be followed.
- The length of the case comment should not exceed 3500 words (including footnotes).
- The cover page of the submission should include the Title of the Case, name of the Participant(s), and the Submission Code allotted.
Participants have to send the soft copy (.doc or .docx) of their case comment on or before 26th May 2020 by 23:59 IST at email@example.com. The Subject of the mail should strictly be Case Comment [Team Code].
All participants will receive a participation certificate which shall be sent by the organizers to the respective colleges of the participants on the official college address provided. Cash prize, trophies, and certificates shall be provided for the following positions:
- 1st Prize:5,000 INR + Trophy + SCC ONLINE Subscription + Certificate of Excellence
- 2nd Prize:3,000 INR + Trophy + SCC ONLINE Subscription + Certificate of Excellence
- 3rd Prize:2,000 INR + Trophy + SCC ONLINE Subscription + Certificate of Excellence
- Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants (excluding Top three).
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants. A soft copy of the Certificate of Participation will be sent to all the participants after the successful declaration of the results.
For any further details or queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp the Organising Committee–
- Tanya: +91-78360 70747
- Himanshu: +91-96547 70494
For more Essay Competition- CLICK HERE.
Please Subscribe for more updates.
Lawyersgyan has no control over above-listed items as it is directly from the customer or taken from other sources. In case of any discrepancy please write to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org