National Law University, Delhi (NLUD) is a National Law University in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. NLUD is one of the national law schools in India built on the five-year law degree model proposed and implemented by the Bar Council of India.
The National Law University Act, 2007 provides for the Chief Justice of India to be the university’s visitor, whereas the Chief Justice of the High Court of Delhi to function as the university’s chancellor. whereas its vice-chancellor functions as the chief administrator.
NLU Delhi, through its Centre for Communication Governance, is seeking to engage research consultants to work on research projects such as research papers, reports, policy responses, and academic articles. Depending on the project(s) the consultant is hired to be involved in, the contract period will vary.
- Candidates with degrees in law, international affairs, economics, or public policy.
- Outstanding candidates with B.Sc./B.Tech degree with a specialisation in IT/Computer Science/Cyber Security with a demonstrated interest or an advanced degree in public policy will also be considered for the Technology and National Security team.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an advanced degree in law or 2+ years of PQE and previous experience of working on related issues.
- Strong research and writing skills are necessary.
The remuneration will be competitive, and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duration of the Contract
Depending on the project the consultant is hired to be involved in, the contract period will vary.
- Work on research projects across the various domains of CCG’s research work.
- Selected applicants will primarily be expected to develop research that will contribute to the Centre’s ongoing work including privacy and data protection, surveillance, freedom of speech and expression, emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, platform regulation, cybersecurity and national security.
- Some of the specific research projects we are looking for consultants include:
- A report undertaking an analysis of global privacy and data protection frameworks.
- Working papers on the intersection of privacy law and subject areas like (indicative list) – health law, financial laws, criminal laws, family law, and gender rights for the Privacy Law Library, CCG’s global database on privacy law and jurisprudence. Subject areas are flexible depending upon the expertise of the applicant.
- Papers around the themes of national security, surveillance, and cybersecurity including legal barriers to international trade in emerging technologies and a comparative study of domestic export control regimes, and the political economy of the surveillance and cybersecurity industries
- Applicants with an interest in any of the areas that CCG broadly works in are welcome to apply.
- The Consultant will research, author/ co-author, edit and review research papers, reports, policy responses, litigation briefs, and any other publication of the Centre.
How to Apply?
- The application for Consultant(s) will be on a rolling basis and evaluating applications will start from January 31, 2021 (5.00 PM) and make offers to consultants that meet the needs for their projects.
- They will continue to evaluate any applications received after this date until March 30, 2021 (5.00 PM) and make offers to consultants that meet the needs of their projects.
- Interested applicants may send the following information and materials to ccg[at]nludelhi.ac.in.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum two pages)
- One academic writing sample of at least 1500 words (essay or extract, published or unpublished).
- The subject of the e-mail should be “CCG-NLU | Application for Consultant (Research)”.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest.
National Law University Delhi reserves the right to conduct telephonic or video interviews.
Visit our Instagram page @lawyergyan at this link.
For more JOB- CLICK HERE.
Please Subscribe for more updates.
Lawyers Gyan has no control over above-listed items as it is directly from the customer or taken from other sources. Despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too. In case of any discrepancy please write to email@example.com.