We will be discussing the eligibility, syllabus and other relevant information regarding the Himachal Pradesh Judicial Service.
Eligibility of Himachal Pradesh Judicial Service
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must have acquired a law degree from a recognized institute or university.
- Age limit- 21 to 35 years.
- For SC/ ST candidates, refer to the official notification for details.
Rs. 27,700-44,700/- with usual dearness allowance and other allowances as sanctioned by the government.
Patterns & Syllabus of Himachal Pradesh Judicial Service
The examination process typically occurs in 3phases-
It consist of MCQs of the following three subjects of 100 marks each-
- Civil Law 1
- Civil Law 2
- Criminal Law
Each paper of 1 hour duration and will be held on the same day.
Civil Law 1- 200 Marks
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Specific Relief Act
- Indian Evidence Act
- Indian Stamp Act
- Himachal Pradesh Courts Act 1976
Civil 2- 200 Marks
- Hindu Law
- Indian Contract Act
- Law of Limitation
- Transfer of Property Act
- H.P. Urban Rent Control Act
Criminal- 200 Marks
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Chapter XVII (sections 138 to 143) of the Negotiable Instruments Act
- H.P. Excise Act 2011
- Wildlife Protection Act
- Indian Forest Act
- Essay- 100 Marks
- Translation of Hindi to English- 50 Marks
Language Hindi- 100 Makrs
- Translation of English passage into Hindi- 30 Marks
- Essay in Hindi- 50 Marks
- Idioms and Corrections- 20 Marks
Interview of 150 marks..
For other state syllabus – CLICK HERE.
Lawyers Gyan has no control over above-listed items as it is directly from the customer or taken from other sources. Despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too. In case of any discrepancy please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.