RGNUL Student Research Review (RSRR) is a bi-annual, student-run, blind peer-reviewed legal journal based at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. We have been publishing the academic journal in association with the Eastern Book Company since 2014. The RSRR Blog was established in 2017 as a medium of voicing opinions and sparking discussions. The Editorial Board in association with Nishith Desai Associates invites submissions for the RSRR Blog Series on ” “Digital Healthcare in India”
About Nishith Desai Associates (NDA)
Nishith Desai Associates is a research and strategy-driven international firm with offices in Mumbai, Silicon Valley, Bangalore, Singapore, New Delhi, Munich, and New York. They specialize in strategic legal, regulatory, and tax advice coupled with industry expertise in an integrated manner. Their forte lies in providing innovative and strategic advice in futuristic areas of law, including Med-Tech & Medical Devices. NDA has been the proud recipient of the Financial Times – RSG award 4 times in a row (2014-2017, 2019) as the Most Innovative Indian Law Firm.
Innovation in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), as well as other forms of digitalised products and services, is increasing at a galloping rate. This has led to a drastic change in the functioning of many industries, including healthcare, where self-monitoring healthcare devices and e-pharmacies are being used to transform medical services. A shift toward greater patient engagement, increase in chronic diseases and availability and growth of modern technology are some of the reasons why digital healthcare is now being touted as the future of global health.
For a country like India, digital health may offer a way to assure affordable and quality healthcare to all. In recent years, the Indian government has taken initiatives to streamline the development of this sector by way of the Digital Information Security in Healthcare Act, 2018, and setting up of the National Digital Health Blueprint along with the larger goal of a Digital India. The advancement, however, has been slow as India’s legal framework to help support the digitalisation of its health industry is, at present, scattered and ambiguous.
As the world grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic, there is an increase in the use of telemedicine and mHealth applications not just worldwide but also in India. This has given an impetus to the legal and policy development of the sector. Hence, the Blog Series aims to facilitate discussion related to the legal and regulatory policy considerations for digital healthcare. It seeks to inquire into the depths of the issue while highlighting the potential obstacles for its growth along with welcoming innovative solutions.
1. Regulation of E-Pharmacies
2. Use of Artificial Intelligence in Health sector
3. M-Health: Expanding Access to Healthcare
4. Electronic Health Records and Data Privacy
5. Sufficiency of Digital Infrastructure and Inventory Management
6. Regulation of Telemedicine in India
7. Analysis of the Telemedicine Guidelines released by the Medical Council of India in partnership with NITI Aayog
8. Regulation of Robotics in Healthcare: The Way Forward
9. Intellectual Property Issues in the Digital Health space
10. Ethics in the Digital Health space
11. Universal access to Digital Healthcare Research
12. Analysis of Digital Information Security in Healthcare Act 2018
13. Cross Border Jurisdictional Issues in Digital Health
14. Cybersecurity and Digital Health
15. Analysis of Rules for Clinical Investigation of Medical Devices
16. Analysis of National Digital Health Blueprint
17. Consumer Rights Issues in Digital Health
The submissions are, however, not restricted to the aforementioned sub-themes, provided they fall within the ambit of the main theme.
1. All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
2. All endnotes should be in Garamond 10, single-spaced.
3. Margins: Left 1.5 Inch, Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch, and Bottom 1 Inch.
4. The word limit for each post is 1500-2100 words (exclusive of endnotes).
5. Authors are required to provide an abstract of 100-150 words along with keywords that represent the essence of the submission. The abstract is to be submitted along with the article itself.
6. Please ensure the inclusion of endnotes instead of footnotes.
7. A recognized, uniform style of citation is necessary for acceptance.
8. The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number, and email for future reference. [Authors are requested to not put their names anywhere in the main manuscript].
9. All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
10. The manuscripts must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. The subject of the e-mail should be titled “Submission for RSRR Blog Series: Digital Healthcare in India”.
12. Nishith Desai Associates will be conducting the Peer Review of the submissions.
13. Entries that will be selected after the review stages shall be published on the RSRR Website.
14. E-certificates will be awarded to the authors of each published blog.
15. Co-authorship of a maximum of 2 persons is permitted.
16. The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions, or views stated in the submitted Manuscript.
17. In case of gross plagiarism found in the contents of the submitted manuscript, the manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
18. Copyright of all blog posts shall remain with RGNUL Student Research Review and Nishith Desai Associates.
19. All moral rights shall vest with the author(s).
20. The manuscripts not abiding by the above guidelines are liable to be rejected.
The last date of submission is 20 May 2020.
In the case of any query, mail us at email@example.com.
For more details visit: http://rsrr.in/call-for-blogs-2/
Furthermore, the following people can be contacted:
Anandita Bhargava (8130903339)
Smita Gupta (7347606190)
* Nishith Desai Associates will be conducting the Peer Review of the submissions.
* E-Certificate of Publication will be provided under the name of RSRR and Nishith Desai Associates for blogs published.
More Moots – CLICK HERE.
Please Subscribe for more updates.
Lawyersgyan has no control over above-listed items as it is directly from the customer or taken from other sources. In case of any discrepancy please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com