The School of Law, JECRC University is organizing the 3rd edition of the JECRC Uttam Devi Mohanlal Khatuwaala Memorial National Moot Court Competition on Criminal Law, to be held in offline mode from August 13 to 16, 2022.
About the University
JECRC University, Jaipur, Rajasthan is one of the Premier Universities of North India, established under The JECRC University Act, 2012 of the Government of Rajasthan. JECRC University started the School of Law in 2017 with the approval of the Bar Council of India.
About the Moot Competition
JECRC’s School of Law was started to drift towards a national-level Virtual Moot Court Competition for young law aspirants while defeating the constraints of the Pandemic.
In its last edition, the competition witnessed the nationwide participation of more than 25 teams coming from top Law Schools in India including NLUs and other Private Institutions. Cash Prizes worth Rs. 50,000/- were awarded to the winner’s along with certificates and trophies. The Moot Proposition was based on IPR and all the rounds were adjudicated by the IPR Attorneys.
Justice Dinesh Maheshwari, Sitting Judge , Supreme Court of India, Justice Pushpendra Singh Bhati, Sitting Judge, Rajasthan High Court were the guest of the inaugural ceremony. Justice A.K Sikari, Judge, International Commercial Court, Singapore, and Justice Sharad Sharma, Judge, Uttarakhand High Court were the guest of Valedictory ceremony.
JECRC is organizing the 3rd edition of JECRC Uttam Devi Mohanlal Khatuwaala Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2022 wherein, the proposition is related to the Criminal Laws and the participation cap is 40 teams.
Students of three-year or five-year integrated law degree courses from any University/Law School/College/Department are eligible to participate in the Competition.
However, a maximum of one Team shall be allowed to participate from any one University/Law School/College/Department.
- Each Team shall consist only of three members, comprising two speakers and one researcher.
- Any alteration of the names of the team members shall be informed through writing email to email@example.com
- Once the Competition commences, the team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances whatsoever. The inability of any team member to participate in accordance with the rules of this Competition shall lead to immediate disqualification of the Team from the Competition.
How to Register?
- There are no registration charges.
- The teams interested in participating are required to confirm their participation by filling up the registration form here.
- The last date of final registration and payment is July 25, 2022.
- On receipt of the registration form, the Team shall be formally registered as a participant in the event, and a team code shall be generated.
- A confirmatory e-mail, together with the team code, shall be sent.
- Thereafter, all the registered teams shall identify and refer themselves using the allotted team code only for all further correspondence with the organizing committee.
- Winning Team Award: The Winning Team will receive a prize worth INR 21,000/-
- First Runner-Up Team Award: The first runners-up Team will receive a prize worth INR 11,000/-
- Best Student Advocate/Counsel: The Best Student Advocate/Counsel will receive a prize worth INR 5,100/-
- First Runner-Up Student Advocate/Counsel: The first runners-up Student will receive a prize worth INR 3100/-
- Best Memorial: The Team submitting the best memorial will receive a prize worth INR 5,100/-.
- Best Researcher: The Best Researcher will receive a prize worth INR 3,100/-.
- First Runner-Up Researcher: The First Runners-Up Researcher will receive a prize worth INR 3100/-.
- Certificate of Participation: To all the participants.
- Release of Proposition, Rules, and Commencement of Registration: July 04, 2022
- Last Date for seeking Clarifications: July 15, 2022
- Release of Clarifications: July 20, 2022.
- Last Date for Registration: July 25, 2021
- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Softcopy): August 1, 2022
- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Hardcopy): August 5, 2022
- Memorial Exchange and Draw of Lots: August 12, 2022
- Oral Rounds: August 13 to 16, 2022
School of Law, JECRC University, Plot No IS -2036 to 2039, Ramchandrapura Industrial Area, Vidhani, Jaipur – 303 905 (Rajasthan), India
- Click here to view the Brochure
- Click here to view the Moot Proposition
- Click here to view the Rule Book.
- In case of queries, please write at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the following:
- Faculty Conveners:
- Ms. Mahima Kaushik (+91 7895073317) (Convener)
- Ms. Heena Meena (+91 9672696088) (Co-Convener)
- Student Conveners:
- Aditi Gupta (+91 82908 07182)
- Harshil Munjal (+91 95712 06065)
- Shivam Ahuja (+91 86752 83087)
For more Moots – CLICK HERE.
To Shop- Click Here
Lawyers Gyan has no control over above-listed items as it is directly from the customer or taken from other sources. Despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too. In case of any discrepancy please write to email@example.com.