About The Organization
The Law Communicants is a legal tech platform for law students and aspiring lawyers. We aim to create a bridge between Students, Advocates, and Academic scholars. The Law Communicants also publishes articles, blogs, and expert opinions of ace legal professionals. The Law Communicants is a 360° platform of complete legal information – about academics, profession, and opportunities. The team also works on various law institutes and scholars across the country to collate and share knowledge.
About The Client Counselling Competition
The Client Counseling Competition promotes greater knowledge and interest among law students in the preventative law and counseling functions of law practice. It also encourages students to develop interviewing, planning, and analytical skills in the lawyer-client relationship in the law office. Interviewing and advising are a significant part of most lawyer’s work. The Competition provides an opportunity for a valuable educational and cultural interchange between students, law teachers, and legal practitioners.
Mode Of The Competition: Online
Eligibility: Students of three-year and five-year law degree courses from any University/Law School/College/Department are eligible to apply for registration of their team.
Team Composition: Each team shall consist of one individual or a maximum of two persons that qualify the eligibility criteria. Multiple teams are allowed from different universities/Law schools/Colleges/Departments.
- The registration fee shall be Rs. 699/– for each team. (Early Bird Registrations at Rs 499/- till 15th September) The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The last date for registration is 08:00 p.m. IST, 30th September, 2021.
- Teams can register by filing up the google form, which is given below. https://forms.gle/Wwz478Tutn19h8cr7
- Once a team registers by completing the formalities given, a Code (hereinafter “Team Code”) shall be assigned to the team.
Note: No approval from the respective institute of the participants is required for participation.
PayTM no: +91 9968957864
Google Pay: keyur.tripathi05@okhdfcbank
Phone Pay: +91 9968957864@ybl
OR pay through UPI
UPI ID: +91 9968957864
After the payment, all participants are required to upload screenshots of the same on the google form given below while registering.
Dress Code: The dress code for the competition is business formals. Gowns and bands are not permitted to be worn by the participants in the competition. Non-adherence to the dress code shall attract a penalty.
Theme: The Client Counselling preposition for the 1st National Client Counselling Competition 2021, organized by The Law Communicants, is based on Family Laws, Constitutional Laws, Law of Crimes, Contract Law, Property Laws, and the Law of Torts.
- Last date of Registration: 08:00 PM IST, 30th September 2021
- The problem for Preliminary Round will be released on: 1st October 2021
- Preliminary Round- Preliminary round will be held through Audio/Video.
- Participants are required to make Audio/Video on the given problem: 2nd October 2021
- The result of the Preliminary Round Declares on 2nd October 2021
- Semi Final Round and Final Round will be held on 3rd October 2021.
There shall be three rounds of this competition and are as follows:
- Preliminary Round- Preliminary round will be held through Audio/Video. Participants are required to make Audio/Video on the given problem. If the team consist of 2 individuals, then either-
- The participants can make audio/video together and upload 1 file,
- or they can make two files (one of each participant) and upload 2 files,
- or either of the participant can make his/her audio/video and upload 1 file.
- Participants are required to submit their Audio/Video through google form. The problem will be sent to all the teams on their given E-mail ID on 1st October 2021. Participants are required to send their audio/video till 2nd October 2021 @ 9:00 P.M.
- The top 6 teams shall be marked & selected on the basis of the content of their audio/video and carried forward to the next round i.e. Semi-Finals.
- Semi Final- Semi Final will be done on Zoom meeting/WebEx/google meet. Top 6 teams which qualifies the preliminary round shall compete against each other and out of which 2 teams shall be carried forward to the final round.
- Final Round- Final Round will be done on Zoom meeting/WebEx/google meet. Top 2 teams from Semi-Final Round shall compete against each other and the winner and the runners up shall be declared from them.
Duration Of Rounds
- Preliminary Round- Audio/Video must not extend the duration of 10:00mins.
- Audio/Video are required to submit on the respective google form which will be circulated with the Problem on 1st October, 2021. If Audio/Video will be of more than 10 Mins, then it will attract penalty.
- Semi Final- Qualified teams will go through a 25 minutes Session in the Semi
- Final round. The session will include-
- a Consultation Session of 15 Minutes
- a Discussion Session of 5 Minutes
- and a Post-Consultation Session of 5 Minutes.
- Final round. The session will include-
- Final Round- Top 2 qualified teams will go through a 30 minutes Session in the Final round. The session will include-
- a Consultation Session of 20 Minutes,
- a Discussion Session of 5 Minutes,
- and a Post-Consultation Session of 5 Minutes.
- Establishing an effective professional relationship.
- Learning the client’s goals, expectations and needs.
- Factual and legal analysis of the client’s problems.
- Giving advice and assisting the client to make an informed decision.
- Response during the post consultation period.
Grounds For Disqualification
- Misconduct, whether behavioural or otherwise, is not allowed and if indulges will result in disqualification of team.
- Any discussion with client before competition.
- Intimidation in any form is prohibited, and if found indulged shall result in disqualification of the team.
- The Organizers shall not be responsible for any loss due to slow or non- functional Internet Connection during the Competition. We request all the participants to arrange a sound Internet Connection.
- The decision of the Judges shall be final regarding the outcome of the Rounds.
- No additional documentation or screen sharing will be allowed.
- The Organizers reserve the right to take any action against unethical, wrongful or unprofessional conduct.
- Scouting is not allowed under any circumstances and may lead to disqualification. You are requested to exit the call after your session is over.
- If there is any situation, not covered by the Rules, the decision of the Organizers shall be final and binding.
- The Organizers reserve the right to amend the rules. However, due notice shall be provided to all participating teams.
- All certificates shall be in digital form & digitally signed and will be sent on the e-mail id provided in the google form.
- The participants are always required to comply with the rules formulated by the Organizing Committee during the competition. In case of any non-compliance with the rules of the competition, penalty may be imposed by deduction of marks and the teams may also be disqualified after they have been warned once.
- Participants are advised to check their mailboxes regularly for updates.
- In the case of a tie, the higher rank would be determined on the basis of the least time taken by the applicant.
Rewards: PRIZES WORTH RS. 35,000/-
- Best Team (1st Position)- Prize money of Rs. 5,000/- + Certificate of Excellence + 50% Discount in Publication in Journal having ISSN No.
- 2nd Position and 3rd Position– Certificate of Excellence + 50% Discount in Publication in Journal having ISSN No.
- 4th Position – 6th Position- Certificate of Merit + Complimentary Publication in Blog.
*All the participants who registered for this competition will receive “CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION”.
All the participants will also get 40% off in the Mentorship Programme worth Rs. 900/- per team.
For More Information, Click on the link given www.thelawcommunicants.com
Contact us for any query
WhatsApp number: +91 9971912048 (WHATSAPP ONLY)
Note: If in case of any query, participants can drop a message on WhatsApp on the number given above and they will receive a call from the concerned authority in 24 hrs. to resolve their query.
For more COURSES – CLICK HERE.
Lawyers Gyan is now on Telegram (t.me/LAWYERSGYAN). Follow us for regular legal updates. Follow us on Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter or join our WhatsApp group.
Lawyers Gyan has no control over above-listed items as it is directly from the customer or taken from other sources. Despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too. In case of any discrepancy please write to email@example.com.